PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - To all Dick dislikers...
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2003, 09:52
karrank

Mostly Harmless

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There have at least 4 attempts at airspace reform in the last decade or so. All were driven by (some) Australians. All were vigorously supported by (some) Australians. All were fought against by (some) Australians. All had elements that were unacceptable to (some) Australians. All were killed by (some) Australians.

Say what you like, passing traffic in crap weather is not ATC's job. It should stop now. We should separate where required, regulate the traffic into airports where required, or not be involved. Just because we do something now, because of a pathetic history of achieving changes, doesn't justify continuing to do it.

LLAMP was a last-ditch attempt to achieve a consensus view. Everybody was consulted and their concerns addresses and mitigated. It wasn't just killed by Dick & our pathetic excuse for an Aviation Minister. CASA, the military and GA representatives all had knives in their hands as well.

The only way anybody will be able to achieve change here is if it is imposed, regardless if pilots, operators, service providers or passengers do or don't like it. If anybody other than Dick was pedalling this bike I think I would be much happier, but I do think it's going somewhere useful.

With our nanny-culture safety management systems, the only way ANYTHING can be implemented when some involved THINK its unsafe is to import a system from somewhere else. If this was coming from any other nation on Earth than the decidedly-on-the-nose-lately Goobers I would be much happier, but I can't point at anybodies system I would prefer. Not even at ours.

I reckon we're stuck with it, and him.