PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ABERDEEN
Thread: ABERDEEN
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2017, 23:33
Porrohman

Location: Second star to the right, and straight on 'til morning
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Richard Taylor
...... for the great Loganair v Flybe/Eastern bunfight! Competing N.Isles routes to start 1 Sep, and as others have stated elsewhere, I cannot see any winners here based on current levels of demand. LC & T3 are busy as it is on oil charter flights to Shetland anyway, which is rather ironic. I would be delighted if there was room for both, but the halcyon days of the oil industry are gone. I can't see a sparsely-filled E170 working, let alone anything smaller.

Speaking of the oil industry, Offshore Europe time again next week. I am old enough to recall some interesting movements back in the day (eg. BA putting on duplicates on some rotations - I recall on a couple of occasions 2x Tridents operating to Heathrow, one a duplicate of the scheduled flight) but again, different times.
Is it possible that some oil charters are being replaced by scheduled services, thus allowing otherwise empty seats to be sold? Such an arrangement would be a win-win-win for the oil company, the airline and the travelling public.