PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pax sue Boeing in DBX crash
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2017, 09:36
Capn Bloggs

Received 76 Likes on 44 Posts
And this incident only reinforces the need to fly the aircraft in the proscribed manner, as laid down by and certificated by the manufacturer.
Read the post by Glofish re FMAs...

The only REAL verfication of "Max" or "GA" thrust is the N1s. Bla bla bla the FMA all you want, if the N1s say you've got the grunt, you've done the deed.

is it true then that to both select TOGA and have the FMS cycle to GA, the pilot HAS to select full TOGA power? There are no separate TOGA buttons, just the throttle being positioned in TOGA?

In any case, in the EK event, an AB pilot would have had to do exactly what the T7 did NOT do--correctly position the throttles!
Dunno, don't fly 'em! But that is my understanding; throttles to the stop and GA mode engages. No need to press any buttons, which seems like a better idea than pressing a button (that doesn't @#$%^& work!) and pushing up...

My experience with A/T was in BBD business jets, mostly Global. I thought it was fairly intuitive--buttons on the side of the levers were TOGA and were disarmed on touchdown.
They would have to be different. The side buttons disconnect the ATS in my machine.

Glofish describes the best system... "Through the gate, Bloggs!!".