PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pax sue Boeing in DBX crash
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2017, 19:32
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RAT 5 – voice commands – why not?
"Alexa, go around!"

Damn: I forgot; that's what we already do, and that is why there is a PNF. Now, if we could get rid of the PNF and automate the voice commands and all the Thrust/Gear/Flap operations we'd be down to PF + a dog. Now what happens when the CP + HOT make the SOP manual as thick as the Bible. (in some companies it is even more important in saving your soul), and PF can't remember the correct wording. Lots of screaming & yelling until PF succeeds or 'Sharon' the ex-trolly dolly says "there is an error in your command" and you spear in.

There are enough pilots with more divorces than inflight hot toddies. Going to work and not being listened to by some half-wit computer will not help your blood pressure or zen. The medical failure rate will soar and there will be a severe shortage of pilots. The pilotless a/c will loom large on the horizon and there will be a severe shortage of pax.
Managers will run around like headless chickens and we will all learn to enjoy our own backyard that little bit more. Businesses will be concluded via conference video holograms and holidays will be with virtual reality goggles.
It grieves me greatly to watch Federer and the world's perfect backhand, on a grass fresh air court, being reduced to some muppets in front of a Wii screen in their lounge. Or trying to beat Rory Mc' on the links in their attic.
The world is crazy already, let's not accelerate it demise. But, heck, something sure needs fixing.