PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where is the HKAOA heading?
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2017, 17:44
Shep69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This has to be a monty python sketch or a wind up.

But it might not be all THAT funny.

"Independent Third Party" eh ?

If I had a nickel for every bizillionaire living high on the hog who was broke on paper....

Yet there was a whole bunch of money somewhere; he just enjoyed it at a comfortable distance--it often dwelling in trusts or corporations that metered things to him (or let him live in their palaces and play with their toys) out of the goodness of their hearts while assuming his debts as well. All perfectly legal.

Not that hard to do if the money's somewheres else. And I'd challenge anyone (even a really really good third party) to figure out how money moves around in China. Or accurately figure out with objectivity all the convoluted deals we might be in. Even the placard of who owned what attached to the cockpit of the airplane I last flew did nothing but confuse me. So I think believing anything about dire straits one does at one's own peril. And mark my words buying into this will get you nothing but ever declining conditions. Charlie Brown is a cartoon character; real people wise up after the football is yanked a couple times.

Even the current president of the US is reported to have lost close to a billion bux (taking a hefty completely legal tax write off during the process) and doesn't seem much the worse for wear--or of having it ever impact his lifestyle or money making.

All I can say is WOW. If anyone is seriously considering any form of concession (especially in today's pilot climate) they deserve whatever happens to them. Win-Wins might be a different story, but a win-win assumes BOTH entities emerge better off (and it's quite OK if one of the entities 'wins' more than the other so long as they BOTH are better off after the deal); not that one has to give something up for both to win.