PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MIGs in Space
Thread: MIGs in Space
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2017, 13:18
KenV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Willard Whyte
The dismissive nature of your post, concentrating solely on the AA-12, certainly gave your post the tone of ignoring the potential threat.
"Dismissive nature of my post?" "Concentrating solely on the AA-12?" What part of I was replying to a post that made specific claims about the AA-12 is hard to understand? The simple fact is, the AA-12 cannot operate exoatmospherically. There's nothing "dismissive" about stating a simple relevant fact.

As for the "potential threat" and the "tone" of one's post, the tone of your post clearly indicates that you have not thought through the nature of "the potential threat" posed by a fighter than can zoom climb into space. Even assuming someone goes to the huge expense of developing and producing a fighter with such capability (which seems highly unlikely), such an ability has very limited, if any, military utility.

As for the Chinese carrier, I made no mention of that. Me personally, I hope they manage to build a few and it would not surprise me at all if the USN even helped them a bit in the process.

Last edited by KenV; 30th Aug 2017 at 13:30.