PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pax sue Boeing in DBX crash
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2017, 12:56
underfire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bounce the ac, press TOGA and pulls back with both hands....see where that gets you.
I sincerely hope you are not suggesting that "pull" means a good old yank, because as you would know being a rated pilot, all that is needed is a gentle control input to achieve the required result.
I am certain everyone understands what happens when you pull vs pull too hard. How is pulling too hard suggested? Aside from that, read in the context of the response, it was meant to show the difference between a balked, and a balked with touchdown.
Sensing weight on wheels initiates a cascade of variables, and simply pressing TOGA may not solve your problem.
That is why I wondered what the poster was talking about by stating they had trained all of the pilots to balked, especially balked with touchdown. What is the standard or criteria?
Just so you are aware, the RNP procedures are coded to include missed, so we do the balked and balked with touchdown to see how the automation and coding work together, and to make certain in these conditions, that the ac stays withing the specified containment area.

About 2 hands, that is simply a preference, but about the explanation on TOGA being same as takeoff, steering may be better, but once you rotate, 2 fingers works it, even on the 748.
I really not sure why you minimize the experience of some of these drivers, they are the chiefs from QANTAS, ANZ, United...and the manufacturers.

I will run the balked with touchdown scenario in detail, but with all of the emphasis on training new drivers, sim time is virtually impossible these days.