PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pax sue Boeing in DBX crash
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2017, 01:05
galaxy flyer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I didn't say that the automatics couldn't be better, just the pilots must understand them and not blame an inanimate object for their own failures. The pilots in thus case didn't accomplish the most basic task of ensuring thrust was there.

I agree with your opening sentence post 194, just that you can't blame the automatics, especially on such a proven design, for pilots' failure to comply with training and SOPs, training and SOP designed to back up the automatics.

Bloggs, WRT to pilots exercising their judgement, then disciplined for doing so repulsive, but then again I never have, nor will, fly in such an operation. FOQA wasn't intended to be a discipline tool, but rather a tool to refine the operation, identify training problems, uncover systemic failings. having done literally thousands of touch and goes, I never thought them as "unplanned". Intend, both Civil and military flying shouldn't involve unplanned or intrajned maneuvers by line pilots. A go around is trained and checked at each session. A heavy jet likely will touch in a balked landing from very low heights, this shouldn't be a problem.

BTW, I was one of "not your best drivers from the manufacturers". I was with a manufacturer and "not your best driver, too.

GF

Last edited by galaxy flyer; 29th Aug 2017 at 01:22.