PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pax sue Boeing in DBX crash
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2017, 19:07
underfire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
However a goaround is normally performed with 2 hands on the control column after the TOGA switch has been pushed as the nose needs to be raised 15 degrees or so. I would like to bet that on the Emirates that there was a quick push of the TOGA followed by a 2 handed rotation.
All of this 2 handed talk. (lost on Bus drivers)

I have flight tested procedures with some of the best of the best drivers the manufacturers, and airlines have...I have NEVER seen anyone of these drivers use 2 hands for a GA, balked, EO approach/missed or any other flight validation exercise.
Who needs 2 hands to pull back, and someone else to work the thrust?!?!?! If you are EO approach, especially on a twin, you need to be workin it.
We were in so much turbulence in a 738, could not read the numbers, teeth rattling, including about the max crosswind, ( the rwy lined up with the right seat side window) and the driver had 2 fingers (not two hands) on the yoke, the other working the crab with both thrust levers...
Granted, we are always pushing the system with all of the possible scenarios, but still...why leave all of the the thrust possiblities/combinations out of the equation and assume pressing TOGA and pulling back with 2 hands will save you?

Bounce the ac, press TOGA and pulls back with both hands....see where that gets you.

In the grand scheme of things, looking back, there is clearly not enough attention (or criteria) placed on balked landings and the myriad of if/then parameters.

Last edited by underfire; 28th Aug 2017 at 19:24.