PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantaslink Progression Rumours or not???
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2003, 22:02
Mr Seatback 2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
!!

Hi Kids

The hols were great!

Seniority would be a big issue for the Impulse kids - except that as far as Impulse is concerned, we don't have 'seniority'! They prefer to call it "date of joining" - like it means the same thing??!?

Who knows what goes on at the bargaining tables during EBA's - particularly where Long Haul is concerned?? Although I do believe that if us regional kids are to go anywhere, they do need to open up the progression avenues within the CP documents - otherwise risk their 'breeding ground of happy, smiley cabin crew' turning sour and leaving...look at the exodus at Impulse before ACC was taken over by QF! And truth be told, CP is the only thing really keeping the highly skilled individuals at Eastern and Sunnies there! Am I wrong??

I don't recall ever seeing Dixon say that Impulse salaries are too high - on the contrary, Impulse crew are paid LESS than Virgin Blue crew (due to the fact that VB's EBA was formed with International flights in mind)...and as far as the a/c are concerned, tech crew etc - we are on par if not LESS than Virgin as a flying operation (can't speak for catering or ground services...maybe that's where the excess cost comes from?)

I imagine the inflight service would be just like Virgins - everything to be paid for. Just like every other low cost airline in the world - with the exception of Jet Blue, who have inseat TV's for pax to watch cable at a cost per flight! Great idea if you ask me!

Interesting times ahead kids - will put my feelers out on this one...