PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Initial Class 1 Medical Timeline after Cardiology Review?
Old 25th Aug 2017, 21:28
HertsPilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Initial Class 1 Medical Timeline after Cardiology Review?

Hi All,

After much saving, I am very soon booked to start an Integrated ATPL course aligned to an airline with one of the large training providers (subject to Medical)

I (perhaps naively) thought nearer the time, I could just breeze through an Initial Class 1 Medical a couple of months before, which was not the case.....

I saw my AME and all was fine, there were some notes from when I was a child that he said required a referral to a cardiologist, no issues there, did a few tests all normal, also did a neurological review, all normal.

My question is now I know this goes back to the CAA, how long do you all think it would take before they come back with a decision (albeit hopefully positive) of issuing/ non issuing a certificate? Do you think we are talking days from receipt of the letter? or Weeks/ Months?

I realise it is impossible to say but wondered if any of you have had similar experiences/ know of typical timescales involved? The course date is looming so I want to understand if it will be feasible.

Your help is very much appreciated....