PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 6
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2017, 09:41
Beafer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DTV Airport Peel plans.

It appears Mrs May wouldn't say that the government will help to buy back DVT Airport while flying in yesterday. No surprise there. They new Mayor used the DTV buy back spin to get votes, but he hasn't got the money, and Peel know he cant force them to sell the airport. They councils put paid to that signing it over.

Peel are a land company who are sitting on 800 acres of prime land so they won't sell it. They must be laughing all the way to the bank after adding the original contract clause which stated that the councils had to give up most of their DTV shares after 10 years IF the councils didn't put more money into the airport!
Something very strange went on if the council staff didn't see that part of the contract, OR did they? Hmmmmm, wonder if we'll ever find out who was in charge of the sale documents?

With the Peel company spokesman saying in the press recently that they won't guarantee DTVA's future after 5 years, I predict it will go something like this.

2018 First houses will be built and sold. Night flights will stop.
Peel will keep harping on about DTV losses, to help sway the public.

2021 or earlier, there will be another Share Swap with either another VAS type company, or one of the many Peel side companies to complicate any ownership issues with the council minorities, and probably more building plans applied for.

Prior to 2021 Peel will announce they can not support any more losses which they say are running at £200k a MONTH, which will be final nail in the coffin and the rest of the 800 site will be built upon.
Probably be a mix of houses and Industrial units.

Some might not like this, but its a safe bet that Peel will have already the housing estate plans already drawn up. Don't need to be Einstein to work that one out.
Robert the Peel man will call up from Manchester to say its been an expensive venture for them but they did their best.
What he won't say is yes we got a large public airport and 800 acres all for the small sum of £500,000.
Funny old world of funny handshakes and secret meetings to get a deal like that me thinks.

Have Peel given up paying the pensions of the DTV Airport staff? I heard they wanted the local councils to pick up the pension bills to save Peel paying them.
I didn't hear what the final decision was on that debacle.
Shocking to think the Public have to pay for DTV staff pensions when a private company (Peel) own the airport.