PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 flight shadowed by French jet
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2017, 05:45
ATC Watcher
Pegase Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here we go again
DaveReidUK : the Eurocontrol reminder refers to some incidents that did occur , but not in France. and it was just a reminder of ICAO "advice" issues post 9/11, where indeed it started to become a problem But the " C" in ICAO means we cannot regulate military ops, and , among others a large State East of Europe does not apply them and is in its rights.For the record the FAF does follows the ICAO " advice"

Shot one : You are not Related to Donald Trump are you ?
Here , some answers your 4 questions, but like your mentor , it probably won't make a difference in the end ...

That FAF used airliners for unannounced interception practice on multiple occasions is a matter of record, ATCwatcher. To the concern of many, including Eurocontrol. Does your legalistic demand for dates imply you dispute this?
Mater of record ? then it easy for you to give me dates and locations . I have access to the records I can tell you if they are genuine. No , Eurocontrol has no concerns about the FAF interceptions ..and Yes I dispute this because it is journalistic fiction . For info, by definition an interception whether for verification or real are not pre announced..and the FAF , like most air forces does not need do practices them on civil aircraft , they can do this everyday when they air refuel ..

It's also worth asking why such a very high number of intercepts are conducted in French airspace compared with adjacent FIR's. Do the worlds airlines somehow become that much more incompetent in France?
Again an empty statement . Very high number ? Give us the figures please ,just between comparable air forces will do , like UK, France, Italy since you have the details and the source of the figures please, no the Daily mail will not do