PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pax sue Boeing in DBX crash
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2017, 09:52
Piltdown Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's not all aircraft then. But I'm glad to hear some do but frankly I'm not surprised that an aircraft like the triple is so capable. I just wish this level of functionality was available in more aircraft.

Originally Posted by cessnapete
But in many airlines the option of a fully manually flown approach for handling practice, is not allowed, even in low workload severe CAVOK.
So was/is Emirates one of these? If it was, they had better get their cheque book out - unless local law prevents them from being sued. And maybe the shareholders of airlines where manual flying is banned should be informed. Shareholders (and more importantly, passengers and those on the ground) doesn't expect perfectly serviceable aircraft to be crashed because its pilots are neither trained nor familiar with manual flight. As RAT 5 and B2N2 have said, it is expected by everybody (except airlines it appears) that we have to "do some pilot stuff" every now and again to make up for unusual weather and deficiencies in current aircraft design and manufacture.