PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Performance exam
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2017, 19:25
suchac500

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello,
Martin > I mean czech CAA, my friend who were on exam prior May passed quite OK.
But during last three months I would say there are some trouble there. Just a few people passed with quite low % above minimum. On my last exam during august I had aprox 50% brand new questions.
How I mentioned before - Whole new supplement ROC graphs and take off graphs out of CAP 698. 30ft difference was namely on example on ROC with new graph (didnīt find it anywhere unfortunately, just with label EQDB / no CAP). And even when I thought that I understand principles - my result was 1600ft. Answer were 1590 or 1620.

Another point is that really half of my examples was whole new unfortunately.
Probably just bad luck. But its quite frustrating when even simple ground roll is wrong. (every from this graph with minimum 100ft margin). What is really sad is... that program on our CAA will show you neccessary information completely without logic.
For example like that:

Temp: 28 deg.

Mass: 3450lb.

Pressure alt: 1630ft

I mean W.T.F - you have to write it on paper first then you can continue because otherwise its crazy to still find some information what you need.
How can you prepare yourself for something what you donīt have chance to see before?
These question are very often conceived to see them first. Then you can choose what fit best. (sorry for this spam)

I even recieved message from Av exam that is NOT recommended to sign on Performance exam right now - "there is some bigger problem".
Im not only one who has got this problem and I know 4-5 another people with same problem like me.

Gerpols: Thanks. I wrote it above - I knew their DB from 97-100% and even this I failed. (not just question but principles)

Im not saying that Im genius - of course not. And I can improve my knowledge for another exam (and I will) but this is very frustrating you have to be lucky on question.
If there would be some official attachment where you can see used graph in exam and try it somewhere thats OK, but this....

EDIT: "without logic" I mean huge space between information...

Last edited by suchac500; 23rd Aug 2017 at 16:35.