PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pax sue Boeing in DBX crash
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2017, 20:45
hec7or

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
RAT5

will result in a no FD raw data GA, also undesirable.

Undesirable, maybe; difficult for a properly trained pilot, no.
I think you have been a bit of a lightweight in your response here, a properly trained pilot will use his knowledge of SOPs as dictated by the SFI/TRE cadre, as opposed to a properly experienced pilot who will fly the aircraft comfortably using raw data.

Here's the issue, press TOGA and nothing happens, oh dear, advance the thrust levers to GA thrust, brilliant, now what? No FD! Something's wrong, but what I've got a full script of SOP call outs to make, but no prompts from the FMA. What do I do? No Flight freeze and no one to ask, only a first officer who is just as whacked out as I am after a long sector.

In the 21st century, we are scared to fly outside the SOP box due to the brainwashing from the SOP brigade and we have noise sensitive tracks to follow and altitude constraints to observe, so raw data is a brave option.

Until the OPC/LPC includes TOGA switch failure in the tick box, and an SOP is written, this will be a recurrent (no pun) challenge.

BTW, I've recently flown a raw data takeoff following TOGA switch failure and also a GA from platform alt where TOGA doesn't engage and can confirm that it's much harder than you'd imagine.

and... Flown gliders, singles, single engine jets, RAF, TRI/TRE