PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Two Typhoons chasing a Puma
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2017, 16:32
Sloppy Link

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Bob Viking
As much as I'm enjoying all the CRV7 related musings I would very much like it if an Apache pilot, who has fired CRV7 and performed fighter affil' could give their opinion.

If they tell me I'm talking cr@p I will happily desist.

Until then I maintain that, whilst it would focus the mind a little, the chances of an Apache loosing off CRV7 in anything like an accurate delivery without making himself an easy target are very slim.

BV
That'll be me then (or was).
As a defensive measure, GPF would be my tactic, If I hit him - bonus, if not, it would still make him think twice. As I said, getting the solution would be tricky. Gun is an option but is fitted with the intention of firing down or at least level, not firing up, again, the solution would be tricky. The point is, as soon as an Apache is pointing at you, you are under threat. He can see behind him so knows if you are sneaking in for a rear shot, can see what your flight path is and manoeuvre accordingly. Meanwhile, laser slaved to target that is auto-locked on, a face full of Class IV would provide a further distraction. Look for an easier target.

Q. Why do you want to know how to take out an Apache? Last time I checked, we were allies (only to a degree in some cases) with all that types current operators. It may surprise you to learn that we don't practice how to take out Typhoon, despite inter-service rivalry, we are all on the same side.