PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Performance exam
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2017, 11:55
suchac500

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,
Thanks for you answers.
Paco > Itīs my last attempt. Because I didnīt expect so big troubles during this exam so unfortunately I donīt have block anymore (just my last one). I was on performance twice and I know about 4 attempts but due to block I have last ... It stupid rule, I understand 4 attempt on subject but I donīt understand 6 block during 18 month.... Im stuck more than 3 months just with performance... I completed 13 subjects in 4 block.

But back to my problem, I know that CAP Graphs include factorisation but for me itīs difficult to understand new kind of example when I didnīt see it before. I would say that I even know basic concept how to work with them (I know about 1,43 for landing, I know about 1,25 for TO, I know about 1,3 for wet grass, 1,2 for dry short grass...) and this is everything ok. I had this example correct in my practise test but then on CAA everything wrong.
For example what I mean in bristol you have simple question headwind with +- 5kts margin on answers "determinate maximum headwind" and you will find result quite ok (+- 2 knots) Then I just came to my CAA and 1/3 question was on wind, with TORA, ASDA, TODA in question and margin in answer was 2 kts (!!).

The same with ROC graphs - on CAA I get version what I never seen before... ok, I applied principle what I learn before. The result was 1600ft/min - possible answer 1590 or 1620. I choose 1590 and it was wrong...

But for me its biggest problem, that I dont know where I had mistake. And thanks to "great" rules after exam (they will show you question but not correct answer, you canīt notice this question etc.) I donīt understand it at all because in av ex or bristol my answers are correct and then on CAA was all wrong. Im not only one who has got problem with perf exam.
How Can I Fix my mistake?