PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FLYSCOOT AIR
Thread: FLYSCOOT AIR
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2017, 06:25
Flyboy_SG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Onesixty2four
I am currently in SE Asia, and have been in East Asia prior to that for a total of 10 years now. So......perhaps I do know what I'm talking about. And guess what? I haven't had to pay for a damn thing since my MEIR over 25 years ago. Even when I recently changed types. The company in that case wanted me to self sponsor - I said no thanks. A week later they got in touch to say they'd fund it all.

As I have said before, have some respect for yourself and your license.

"Times are changing and we need to understand that". The usual copout from someone who knows his/her selfish actions are undermining the hard work of others in a desperate attempt to get ahead of their experience/skills level.

BTW, I do feel strongly about it because I can see in another decade or so this sort of behaviour will lead to pilots working max hours for very little pay and I feel sorry for the true professionals who are honestly trying to make their way through without getting an a33reaming. But I'll be out of it by then as I am making good money on a realistic schedule and have plenty stashed away because the generation before me wasn't as narcissistic and self centred as the current "command by 30 at all costs" brigade. Good luck with that.

I second you 1624. Last I paid was for my FAA ME IR too. Pay to fly is not the way to go. Because of few pilots who are ready to sell themselves, the whole industry is getting to this tune. If everyone refuses to pay, where will they find pilots ? Off course bonding is a norm but not paying for type. In one of the airlines assessment I was even paid a handsome layover allowance ! How amazing.

At least Don't be desperate for your second airline job guys.