PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Type Rating on Australian License from Asia. How does that work
Old 17th Aug 2017, 14:23
Piano Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Trexcruiz
Hi guys I'm new to PPrune and I'm not too sure how to start a new discussion.
so I found the closest thread to what I have questions on.

I have recently conducted an IR MEA Proficiency check with my CASA licence with CAE Dubai. but to get it on my licence I need to fill form 61-4p that needs to be signed by a CASA flight examiner or Delegate.
I live in Dubai, I previously held nz NZCAA licence and got it converted to CASA for the sole purpose of getting into fly Dubai. long story short I got my rating endorsed passed the fly Dubai interview and now have a start date on September 10. before which I need everything current.

have any of you guys done a CASA proficiency check overseas ? if so how did you go about it ?
To cut a long story short, I looked in to this process about 12 months ago.

As there are no 7X simulators in Australia, I could use the 7X sim in DFW (or elsewhere) to do my instrument rating renewal. The instructors there will happily sign the paper work required for the IFR standard, however you are then needed to still do the oral component with a CASA approved examiner. He/she then is required to submit the paperwork to CLARC.

I'm now to the stage where I'm solely flying on my FAA ATP, and it has made life so much easier. The licencing branch in Oklahoma are a pleasure to deal with compared to CLARC!