PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizz open day Dubai
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2017, 22:42
Callsign Kilo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
n77

I'm almost certain command opportunity would've been available at EK and the likes, however in the cases of the guys who I've flown with, it's quite unlikely that their 'seniority' would've have had them anywhere near a command course in or around their time of departure. I know this as I am aware of previous colleagues from my last outfit who joined EK maybe 6-7 years ago and they have just seen an upgrade in the last 12 months or so (B777).

Whilst not everyone is suited to the left seat, I can recognise command potential and these guy's had it. Neither would have touched command in Dubai as they had simply had their fill. With their jet time, anything between 18 to 24 months could see them, potentially, embarking upon a short haul command upgrade with my operator. Probably round about the same time as they'd be embarking upon a CU if they'd remained in the ME.

I've done this job long enough to be able to filter out the BS when it's being line fed. Unfortunately I've heard enough & seen enough about the sandpit to know why particular people are desperate to leave. Regardless of their command ability or opportunity.

Last edited by Callsign Kilo; 17th Aug 2017 at 22:14.