PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Told you so
Thread: Told you so
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2017, 11:08
Sam Ting Wong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fire Wall,

in my opinion you and most in here are getting lost in a totally pointless moral argument.

When it comes to contract negotiations it doesn't matter if it is a "true" loss, it doesn't matter whose fault it is, it doesn't matter if management is stupid or what kind of boni they get. I don't even care who the person in charge is, it doesn't matter if they are in Stanford or sipping champagne on the peak, it doesn't matter if they have a pilots license, it doesn't matter if they abolish the salt and pepper shaker, it doesn't matter why people join as long as they do, it doesn't matter!

All that counts is what we can achieve in this moment and what is at stake.

Look at it from a car crash perspective:

You are on a motorcycle, a bus with managers comes your way.

Is it relevant who has right of way if you collide and you get decapitated ?

Or would it be smarter to brake in any case?

The loss will have a negative impact on us, if we like it or not, and YES it is our collective fault because we would have a 2 year contract that safeguards us until the hedging disaster is hopefully behind us.

Now, the reason I keep bringing this up is very simple:

you guys keep on posting like all is well, just a bit of a bump on the road to final victory!

I say: get real. Have an HONEST look at the average pay of other airlines, have a REALISTIC check of your working conditions/ roster compared to our competitors.

If you guys think this is all a bit of a joke, and if things fall apart you just go on that 300k contract, well think again. These contracts are rare, they have pitfalls, they require you to work much harder and give you zero protection. Everytime you praise other airlines you do cherry picking at best, it appears to me that most of you have no idea what the current packages elsewhere even look like!

95 % of B scalers would face SIGNIFICANT worse conditions elsewhere.I am talking losses of 50% plus! And you guys keep talking about what a c scaler should or shouldn't do, or if he is maybe better of st Emirates or BA. I just don't get it. It's like discussing politics on the deck of the titanic. What is the point???

We need to offer peace now or we will be face the consequences.

I hope the AOA GC and membership is more responsible today, but my hopes are not high.