PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Command upgrades at Jet2
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2017, 22:50
samca

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How difficult could be for a experienced Spanish FO to get the upgrade? It could be the language a barrier? I mean most of the pilots in Jet2 are from UK right... so my fear is to leave RYR with the Command Upgrade course at the end of the year and to go JET2 and have lot of problems to get the upgrade there.

But in the other hand what I want is to stop flying 4 sectors days, do not go to a non popular base after the Upgrade for 1 or 2 years and to earn 1000 Euros more than now as FO.

So I'm thinking if Jet2 gives me Alicante or even Mallorca permanent. An opportunity after 1 year or so for my Command and leave me fix in Spain... I would see my life and my future better.

About the salary as Captain in Jet2 it is higher than Captain in Ryanair contract (5500-6500 Euros net). As FO salary is more or less the same I think.

In resume I want to continue living in Spain even after the upgrade. Do not fly 4 sectors days. To be motivated with a good salary as Captain and to have a chance of going for the course within one or 2 years.

Do you recommend me to leave RYR now and go for JET2 ?