PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot in the Dock for running out of fuel (Update: PILOT CLEARED!)MERGED.
Old 6th Sep 2003, 00:59
DFC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On the 123/128 issue, I beleive that what the witness was referring to was probably the fact that when the aircraft was full prior to departure, some pilots logged 123 i.e. only the useable amount on the tech log while others logged 128 for the same amount of fuel.

The same could probably be said of records of lesser amounts. Seems to me that the defence found that the tech log was not clear as to the requirement for recoding fuel on board refered to total fuel or just the useable portion of the total fuel (difference 5).

Never mind how the company is feeling. How are the pilots who made the entries in the tech log prior to this flight feeling?

Will the CAA make a second check of the tech log entries?

If one gets the fuel amount on arrival or on departure wrong in the tech log is this a case of falsifying an official document under the ANO?

Me thinks that in future, when flying a similar aircraft with dodgy gauges and invisible fuel level, I will put "not determined" in the fuel on arrival column.

Regards,

DFC