PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dr Kelly was murdered
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2003, 22:37
Jackonicko

Received 62 Likes on 12 Posts
I had some disquiet that someone with Kelly's background would choose such a crude, painful, and unreliable means of suicide (he was a biochemist for goodness sake, surely he'd have known, and been able to get, something which would have 'switched his lights out' in an instant?). I had some disquiet that he seemed to be looking forward to 'life after committees' and to going back to Iraq. He hadn't even opened his 'telling off letter' from his line manager. I had some disquiet that none of the likely consequences of his exposure seemed to me to be something that a rational person would commit suicide over, especially in view of his impending retirement.

But someone who has decided on suicide as the way out might well seem 'sorted', rational, 'calm' and even serene and happy, so the fact that he smiled at Mrs Creosote en route to the field doesn't mean anything, IMHO.

Also the alternative explanation just seems to me like a particularly barking conspiracy theory, requiring an implausible cover up to have been undertaken, and assuming a barely credible level of cynicism from the Government.

Interesting that we're still focusing on Kelly, and that there's virtually no coverage of the continued lack of any evidence that Iraq ever had deployable WMD before the war started......