PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantaslink Progression Rumours or not???
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2003, 22:06
Mr Seatback 2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well - if you want to anger Link Chicks, this is the topic to do it...

I'm not aware of there being any changes to the Progression documents as they stand.

However, whilst I am not the guru with respect to Progression, what is the case when Contractors are made full time permanent (which will occur if further external recruitment is for contractors only)? Does this count as full time recruitment? I seem to remember reading this somewhere else, that once a contractor is made permanent, this is considered full time employment, thus Progression is actioned.

I don't know why they don't look at shifting Regional Crew into an expanded range of Progression options - ie. Choice of going straight into EITHER Short Haul or Long Haul. Also, shifting the regional crew into the jet arm (as mentioned previously), so that the kids aren't stuck on Eastern/Sunstate pay forever!

That way, with the large number of regional kids that want to get into Long Haul, this would free up short haul slots for the long haulers to shift into...what does everyone else think?

Just my 2 cents - they can't get rid of Progression altogether (not without a fight on their hands of course!)