PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - friends, salaries and aviation
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2003, 21:37
JJflyer
ZbV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Friends

Sir Cumference

There are friends and "Friends". Those friends that I have made in this industry are few and spread all over the world. However these guys I can trust to help me when in need and vice versa. A good friend is one that you might not see for several years and when you do meet, it's like it was a few hours since you last met.

On the other hand these so called "Friends" are the type of person who will sit with you, talk, drink, laugh and then turn around and screw you.
There are guys like that all over the world. Small flight departments seem to suffer from this disease more than big ones. Or perhaps in bigger companies one is reduced to a number and enjoy relative anonymity.

A company I was flying for had a DO that was especially ruthless. He would try his best to catch you with anything he could. He had snitches within the pilots and would know in a matter of hours what was said and by who as well as when and where did it happen and who where present. Didn't take us long to learn to keep our mouths shut around certain pilots.

All for now

JJ