PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NOW start date
Thread: NOW start date
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2003, 19:01
Yarpy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I quite agree FLYMATE.

I had a scan through the forums relating to other startup airlines. E.g. Astraeus, FlyJet, Air Southwest. Jet2, bmibaby etc. There was a marked lack of 'anti' comments. This is a pilots forum and any pilot would be pleased to learn of possible career and employment opportunities.

The difference about NOW is that it is in easyJets back yard. My guess is that all the negative comments and arguments on this thread probabaly come a cabal of easyJet commercial people.

The issue? Loss of pilots to a rival carrier. Well, NOW has a new culture and has hired a first rate rostering officer. They seem to have a handle on some key issues of employee culture which might be lacking elsewhere. I, for one, am impressed and very happy to be joining them.

On the fixed price ticket issue a friend who is a management consultant made an interesting point. Namely that the low cost carrier doesn't make its money from the sale of cheap tickets sold well in advance but from the expensive tickets sold when the flight is approaching full. Therefore, the fixed price ticket with NOW will be very attractive close to departure date. This could dent easyJets revenue stream if and when NOW competes on the same routes.

Its a new business plan and time will tell. In any case, as others have pointed out, NOW can always change its fare structure.