PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots in court over 'sex tape'
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2017, 13:08
Thomas coupling

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Homonculus - with your immaculate medical credentials, I for one would never question your concern for the impact of the medical predicament on flight safety. In fact I applaud your (the medical world) attitude towards Safety Management.
But 'normally' the lads (HEMS/AA pilots in UK - unlike some other countries) don't tend to bog down under this type of external influence, I would suggest.

I remember once going to a job where mum, dad and baby boy (18 months old) were on holiday in the middle of no-where and dad was carrying the little lad around on his shoulders - they were staying in a quaint old cottage with hanging beams and dad forgot! The child head butted one of the beams and stopped breathing. Dad did CPR until we arrived with the paramedic who told us we had to go to the childrens hospital much further away rather than the local one due to complications.
The cops had a very difficult job peeling the mother off the airframe because I simply couldn't take this very seriously ill child's mother with us because of payload issues. The paramedic was looking at me and his watch all the time but never once got emotional.
Pressure is there but we learn to live with it.

Meanwhile back to topic: I see today that Pogmore got a jail sentence.
So for the record - The crew didn't get off. One of them went down for it.