PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantaslink Progression Rumours or not???
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2003, 18:23
Qwannas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, I have also heard the speculation over the future of QF Domestic and how it will impact on the Career Progression Agreement for the Regional FA's.

Interesting, the rumours that are flying around at the moment!

It doesnt look very bright for QF Domestic or (in the short term) for Regional FA's. It all depends on the decision that the QF Board make with regards to this new generic product and how they go about introducing it to the market! (If they choose to introduce a generic brand at all!) All will be revealed by November, I suppose.

But, my personal thoughts are, if QF Domestic are to shrink as a business (and eventually become 'boxed in') I would much rather be progressing to the low budget airline, where the growth is. I couldnt think of anything worse than being permanently stuck on the end of a line within an airline that still uses a dated bidding system for rostering. It really would be HELL. If they are going to change the business (from full service to largely budget) then there is nothing we can do about it.

My guess is, if they ARE going to start a low budget airline up - then they will use Impulse to do that, anyway. They already have the Operating Certificate.

We just have to do the wait and see.