PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 8
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 8
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2017, 01:24
Falcon900LX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is supposed to be the last summer of operation for the Jet 2 733s out of NCL or so I've heard, whether or not that is the case is another story. Arguing over whether it's too old is absolutely ludicrous, and while I've seen the tech logs for some of the older based jet 2 A/C they might be quite full but what else would you expect for a 30 year old aircraft, nevertheless still perfectly airworthy.

The trouble is Jet2 can't get their new aircraft quick enough and they're not the only ones with tech issues. Every time I do a nightshift an A/C comes back with some sort of issue. They're not built to last forever and everything has a shelf life.

The based LY-VEN has an imaculate cockpit and the cabin is in good condition too. I do believe this aircraft had a D check not too long ago though.

I'd bet some daily mail or reporter from another rag trolls through these forums looking for info on this sort of stuff. They might just take the tosh and believe whatever bull some are coming out with. Please be careful what you say.