PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots in court over 'sex tape'
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2017, 16:05
Thomas coupling

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ah c'mon jayteeto - we go back too far for you to assume I insutled you - shooting the breeze, that's all
I have lost count of how many hems trips I did - 300 - 500? Perhaps 20% involved kids:
Suicides.
drownings.
shootings.
domestics.
mispers.

It goes on and on. Maybe the first half dozen tweak the heart strings but after that it's just another job. If you're telling me that as a hardened hems/AA driver you might still get suckered into making dodgy decisions because of the status of the child - you're in the wrong business.

The chinese wall situation Homonculus is on about may work during the outbound leg but what happens once on scene. Will the crew protect your emotions then? I think not. You will be privvy to the status of the patient - you process it and then you act professionally.
If you have been ex mil (you were - right?) you will know where I'm coming from.

Next people will be telling me they treat women differently if they are part of the crew.

Homonculus - I think the verdict is done and dusted. No question. But remember this, the cops look after themselves. Always have done, always will. If senior management found a fly in the ointment in this case (which they did), they sterilise it quickly (which they did) and remove guilty person from the Service to make it look like no cops were involved. That person went on to be prosecuted for illegal activity while in the line of duty.
A blunt instrument - but it has worked here it seems....................