PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Finnair Embraer 190/A350
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2017, 15:14
UKTraveller1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finnair Embraer 190/A350

Good afternoon,

Normally I fly PEK-LHR-MAN with British Airways, a routine I'm familiar with, it is usually a 747. Never really been a nervous flier before.

Recently, I took the decision to instead fly Shanghai PVG-HEL-MAN with Finnair because I wanted to avoid the possible Heathrow computer problems and BA strike action that could have affected my flight.

However, I was really not happy flying after we spent 4 hours boarded and left on the tarmac at PVG before flying to Helsinki, where I missed my Manchester connection and had to stay overnight. During the time waiting for departure we were given very little information and the air conditioning system cut out and had to be worked on before we could depart. I spent a lot of that time worrying and actually wishing I could disembark and get a different flight (however irrational this is)

I have now discovered I am seriously worried about the return journey and am even having nightmares about it, I would just like to ask what people's professional opinions about Finnair and these aircraft are?

I know the A350 has no accidents, but it is a new aircraft. The Embraer seemed to take very sharp turns in the air, something I'm really not used to.

I also know that Finnair hasn't had a hull loss accident since 1963, but this airline flies many fewer routes than British Airways or American or the really big airlines. Basically, reading statistics isn't really putting my mind at rest about this flight.

Thanks for advice