PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - To all Dick dislikers...
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2003, 15:16
Icarus2001

Received 246 Likes on 106 Posts
Mr Kerans, my old mate, no I am not trying to start a fight. There are already plenty around that I could join in.

I am merely trying to point out that making sweeping statements such as ..
But if Govt or Airlines try to make GA pay ADSB will die like mandated ELTs.
you risk undermining your own credibility on this forum.

As a reasonably unbiased observer of this thread I along with other readers have only one measure of the competence of a poster and that is the veracity of statements that can be checked against known facts, rules regs etc. It is also very hard if you don't actually type what you mean.
Now as we both agree, we do have mandatory ELT's in most cases, except for the C152, C150 type aircraft that only operate in say the training area associated with their operation.

So following your analogy, ADSB would not die if the government or Airlines mandate it's use. How airlines could mandate its use is beyond me however.

I think the most pertinent post so far is from Dehavilland Driver. Try seeing another aircraft at a closing speed of say even 360 knots, that is a Baron and a Navajo closing almost head on.
360 knots is 6nm in one minute. At what distance do you realistically think you will see them? 1 nm maybe 1 1/2nm. So at 1 nm they are 10 seconds away from cold fusion and breaking noise abatement rules.