PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots in court over 'sex tape'
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2017, 14:18
Heathcliff

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
"Heathcliff, please don't try to twist what I wrote. I never said that, nor did I infer it. Obviously the pilot of a police helicopter knows where he is going and why!"

Sorry, I didn't mean to do that. But the pilot will have been directed to fly to a certain place, and hover for a certain amount of time. Presumably a reason is given for this? There will have been some communication from the police in the aircraft? As for Pogmore being a 'deviant', it is concerning his colleagues did not express concern about this earlier.

"It appears that you believe that the SY police helicopter was launched specifically to look at naked people "going about their business" as it were. I'd be extremely surprised if that could ever take place."

I would hope it wouldn't, but in the case of the extrovert couple, they knew they were being filmed, and Pogmore knew when they would be *ahem* in the act. Perhaps he just happened to be in the air, and then somehow managed to divert the pilot over the teddy bears in the woods by claiming one of them was a hiding criminal. It would be interesting if there were any cockpit recordings of these flights!

"The last thing needed was for the public to think they were being "spied on" without good reason. "

But they were - in these many incidences.

"This cop was making naughty videos, many subjects were happy to perform. It's wrong, but it's what it is."

One couple. The others weren't. The fact worse things happen does not belittle what has happened here - by those we - foolishly or otherwise - trust to enforce and uphold the law.

As I said, the jury will see and hear evidence we never will, so they must have had a good reason for finding the pilots not guilty of collusion. From my own experience, much more goes on in a court room than gets into the papers!