PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NOW start date
Thread: NOW start date
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2003, 14:40
jmc-man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HackneyedHarry,

still getting personal....I never applied for NOW, thanks.

The last project that had such a high profile, lots of press, flashy website, high profile directors and advisors was called Blue Fox.

I and some good friends almost got seriously burned on that one.

So I'm just putting my view to warn others not to believe hype, but look for the things which make an airline real.

Interesting that there is a connection between Blue Fox and NOW eh?

Ttree Trimmer

ALl of the things you mentio have to be developing in tandem. Assuming the AOC has been applied for, then there must be a proposed start date. If you have a proposed start date, you need to ensure you have passengers, hence a reservations system, to put in place a reservations system and start taking money, you need the finance in place.

As lots of people mention GO in the context of Now, lets look at them Reservation system opened in February, AOC applied for at same time, First flight fixed for 6th May, so everyone knew the dealines to work towards to get up and running......and the flew on May 6th.

Underlying all this is the financial backing. When NOW have the financial clout they need, I assume these things will start to happen. But every delay pushes them further and further in the worst part of the year to start an airline. They will soon be better off delaying until the Spring, sometime before Easter.