PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots in court over 'sex tape'
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2017, 10:13
ShyTorque

Avoid imitations

Location: Wandering the FIR and cyberspace often at highly unsociable times
Received 435 Likes on 229 Posts
Thank you, ShyTorque. I still find it very hard to believe that these pilots flew without being told where they were going or why, and without any knowledge at all of what was happening below them - but the jury believed they did, and they have access to more evidence than we do.
Heathcliff, please don't try to twist what I wrote. I never said that, nor did I infer it. Obviously the pilot of a police helicopter knows where he is going and why!

I wrote that the pilot doesn't necessarily know where the camera is being pointed and whether or not recording is taking place.

It appears that you believe that the SY police helicopter was launched specifically to look at naked people "going about their business" as it were. I'd be extremely surprised if that could ever take place. It certainly couldn't have occurred at the ASU I worked at. The hierarchy of one police force I flew for put up some road signs stating "police helicopter speed enforcement". The biggest objectors were the police at the ASU. The helicopter never "patrolled" for any reason, let alone specifically for speed enforcement, because the flying hours were very strictly controlled and the reasons for launch logged, in some detail. The last thing needed was for the public to think they were being "spied on" without good reason.