PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON -8
Thread: LUTON -8
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2017, 23:44
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't get me going on the condition of that roundabout. The weeds were so high a week ago that it was blocking my view of traffic coming around the roundabout. It would have taken a month for a heard of goats to have gotten through that lot.

I took my camera to take a photo and would you believe it, it had just been cut that morning for the first time in a year. The roundabout is actually owned by the council rather than the airport and every year must be the worst looking roundabout in the U.K as no one looks after it and it has never been seeded with grass.

The central reservations of the new dual carriageway are also pure new weeds with not a single blade of grass either so next year it will be a matching set when the weeds mature.

As you say Anea airports in Spain have attractive roads leading to them but not here in Luton.

This goes back to my previous point that no one in charge of running the airport has any pride in its appearance. The passenger footbridge to the multi-storey was opened in a rush last year and was never cleaned by the builder before being handed over. 8 months later and with the builder gone the bridge still has mortar splashes up the steelwork and thick grime on all surfaces that passenger see when using the bridge.

Last edited by LTNman; 5th Aug 2017 at 04:52.