PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON -8
Thread: LUTON -8
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2017, 20:47
Captain_Caveman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lee Baker Street
No! This is an important issue!

Today at 06.04am passengers left London St Pancras bound for London Luton Airport. The service was an all stopper service calling at all stations to Luton.

On arrival at St Albans Station all passengers were told to leave the train!

Many but not all passengers were lucky to board a bus (requested in an emergency situation) to collect them and take them to Luton Airport Parkway due to 'YET' a fault in signalling problems on this line!

On listening to conversations many passengers were concerned / panicky as to whether they will miss their flights!

BUT! I repeat BUT!

The train that offloaded them was then used and seconded to change from St Albans platform 2 and re-possition to platform 1 at St Albans to operate a service south bound to London!

In effect 'stuff' passengers bound for Luton Airport!

This is not acceptable! This is becoming 'common place'!

It is time for Luton Airport Management to either call for the franchise called Govia Trains to be terminated or it is time for London Luton Airport management to start advertising that the Govia trains operating on the Thameslink Line are not fit for purpose and that no passenger should depend on the service!

As someone who pays the community charges here in Luton and as I and all community charge payers in Luton have a vested interest in London Luton Luton Airport that gives me and everyone else the right to declare that the Thamesink Line is no longer fit for purpose!

The current airport franchise operator is starting to embarrasses me!

I will be contacting one airport Director (who I have known many years/ decades) to explain this mess in terms of the train services and lack of at minimum 1000 seats for passengers who use the terminal building! It is time the airport became a 'civilized' airport!

What I witnessed this morning equates to 'enough is enough'!
Lee Baker Street - That is because there was a signalling fault at Harpenden, Most Trains from London were terminating at St Albans then heading back and trains from the North were terminating at Luton and then heading back. I was one of the lucky passengers to have my journey extended and ended up putting my bike in the boot of a taxi provided by Thameslink