PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where/who do you recommend for Hour Building?
Old 5th Sep 2003, 03:31
Flying surfer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hour building

There seems to be lots of differetn opinions here so I thought I would add mine.

To sit your exams you need min 100 hrs so that means you are going to have to do at least 50 hrs from where you are now. If you are doing 50 then you might as well take advantage of the fact you are in a country ( US/Canada/SA) where flying is cheap and press on and do some more (70-80 hrs).

I haven't been to SA yet (I leave in 2 wks for a 3 wk hour building trip) but I think you would get more out of going to the US. The US has loads of places to hire from and a PA28 shouldn't cost more than $60/hr if you are doing 50 hrs+. Last year i went to Air Desert Pacific with a friend and we hired a PA28 and did about 80 hrs in 2 wks. We flew all over California/Nevada and Arizona, saw lots of interesting places and it was cheap $54/hr. Accomodation cost us $20/day/person and then just food. ADP meet you at LAX and then each day give you a lift into the school.

You can find similar sort of prices in Florida, the most important would be to look for somewhere that offers a package. Somewhere they have accommodation, airport collection etc. I have been to the US 4 times now hence I am now trying SA, just a change of scenary.

When were you planning on going?

Last edited by Keygrip; 5th Sep 2003 at 13:49.