PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON -8
Thread: LUTON -8
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2017, 13:09
Lee Baker Street

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St Albans

Originally Posted by Dannyboy39
I'd have my doubts as to whether these proposals ever come to fruition, as it just seems to create the opposite effect as to what was intended.

As someone who uses the train a lot between the Luton stations and London, it is clear that a substantial number of people leave the service at St Albans. At the last count, more people used that station than all three stations in Luton combined, which surprised me. Considering the population is probably double in Luton and has a major international airport, its probably a result of usage.

It would not surprise me if LLAOL/LBC actually decide to postpone the £200m link project if these plans got the go ahead.
Rubbish! Firstly Luton' s combined stations exceed St Albans and many passengers getting off at St Albans are slung off as services were increased to terminate at St Albans, trains then repositioned to head back South thus leaving fewer services on the all stopper services from London to Luton. This came into play with Govia operating the new franchise. It affected many people who did not want to travel into London to then travel back up on the same line. In effect many airport passengers get off and wait on platform 2 for about 23 minutes before another train arrives to pick them up for their intended journey being anywhere north of St Albans. In effect doubling travel time for some LTN airport bound passengers.