PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Risk of air accidents up in UK after CAA cost cutting
Old 29th Jul 2017, 10:34
Homsap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lookingforajob.....really interesting post and perspective.

As for "But are you really saying that an airline cannot look at its operations identify things that could go wrong and do things to stop it all ending badly?"

YES & no, for example I would love to do an analysis of airlines turn arounds in terms of pilots and cabin crew tasks, and what margins exist. I do not think the bean counters take into account the welfare of an airline crew and how that effects operational efficiency. Ok, lets not give cabin some time for a cup of tea and a chat, stress cabin crew, end of next sector, they forget to disarm the door, how much will that cost.

As I probably said before, if the captain had used the toilet on the turnaround, the Germanwings accident could have been avoided. Likewise, internally locking flight deck doors, was predictable from the start by many but not identified by airlines. Also based on clips the forthcoming "Easyjet on the the flight" I think I'm probably going to have to ask where the sterile flightdeck fits within the company SMS.

Last edited by Homsap; 29th Jul 2017 at 11:20.