PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SWISS: pilot fired for criticism
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2003, 01:38
Idunno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
411A your original comment sounds like the kind of waffle that might ingratiate you with a dimwitted prospective employer during an interview, but this is not an interview and many of the people you are lecturing here are not 150 hour wannabes, and are thus neither fooled nor impressed by your bluster.

I'm entertained by your second post wherein you attempt to justify your act of lunacy but again only succeed in digging a deeper hole for yourself.

Planning a FUEL TECH STOP is not a new concept. You sound proud of yourself to have thought it up though.

However the planning of a TECH STOP in order to allow departure from a (quote) 'limiting runway' in an aircraft with a dodgy engine unable to deliver full thrust, with a full load of pax on board...now that is a new one on me.
And all to avoid upsetting your equally looney employer.
I'm sure they'd have backed you to the hilt if you came a cropper, huh? Even if you crashed and killed your 360 pax?

I know there are places in the world where pilots feel forced to accept major deficiencies in the operation. Places like Africa or certain areas of South America and Asia. Third world countries usually, with third rate standards for everything.

411A, it takes a certain type of person to work in those kind of places. I've met people like you before. Someone who is willing to not only drop their standards to suit the 'local norm' in order to keep a job or ingratiate themselves, but to bend over backwards to do so, and to seemingly enjoy it (the 'let's keep the show on the road no matter what' brigade).

I've been in those places and I know what goes on.

However most of the pilots I met there had fallen on hard times, knew the operation was bullsh1t and knew the risks they were taking in such crummy jobs. They spent their days praying to get out alive and with their licence and livelihood intact. They certainly weren't happy with the situation (except for a few who went bush) and they certainly weren't the kind of guys who'd come on a website like this and crow publicly about the corners they had to cut, and risks they were forced to take to keep their irresponsible employers happy. They deserve sympathy.

You on the other hand seem to have no difficulty in compromising yourself, and even profess to make a virtue of it, and lecture the rest of your peers on their poor attitude in having a different (higher) set of personal standards. You deserve to be stripped of your licence (if you still own one).

You are welcome to your low standards, and you are an education to every young pilot reading this BB....how NOT to do it.

(PS The comments about my handle...getting sad and old. I guess irony is lost on you. You're a Yank aren't you.)

Last edited by Idunno; 5th Sep 2003 at 02:05.