PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Things must be bad at EK
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2017, 04:18
The Outlaw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jack,

True, we don't really know. I've asked a few pursers what the policy is and the answer is "there isn't any". She went on to explain that many crew are so afraid to be written up for everything that they do whatever their seniors tell them on the day. The biggest issue is how this looks to premium passengers many of whom would be aghast to see something like that. Even if its being poured into a bottle for disposal, it just looks cheap and no one really knows what happens next. Is it served again? Is going to a crew room? Is it being thrown away? Is it being served to Y class?. EK is all about brand and image etc. and this kind of behavior obviously bodes against the perception they want to portray. If I was a high level service delivery manager, I'd be embarrassed.

So was the poor girl sacked? Probably I'd guess, and that for most likely doing what she was told. So problem solved in the corporate view...that and a smartly timed update to the service delivery manual which will just be "slid" in without much notice.

Last edited by The Outlaw; 28th Jul 2017 at 04:21. Reason: I done spel'd somfin rong