PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boy, it's noisy in here!
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2017, 11:45
Andy_S

Received 60 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by Onesixty2four
Yes Andy, you're not a pilot so why do you feel your opinion is in any way relevant?
My apologies if I caused any offence. For the record, I’ve always taken the view that R&N should primarily be for the use of industry professionals which is why I clearly stated that I wasn’t one. And I agree – my opinions are less valid than yours. But this was such an incredible bordering on unbelievable story I couldn't resist commenting……

Originally Posted by Onesixty2four
Your last point. How the hell is radar and ATC going to figure out they have not retracted their gear?
I may not be an aviation professional, but I’m not stupid. Obviously the position of the landing gear can’t be deduced by radar. But the flight level can. I would have thought that FL240 was an unusual flight level to request and would have raised a few questions. But as White Knight noted, ATC may not particularly care, and you and others seem to think that these sort of things aren’t unusual for India in any case.

So once again, with my humble apologies, I’ll quietly back out of this discussion.