PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Things must be bad at EK
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2017, 16:36
exekcabincrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gentlemen,

I am not addressing anyone in particular, please take no offense!

It just happens that the pilots and cabin crew live in distant galaxies far-far away. I bet most of those who are bashing her for what she did have no idea of what it is to work in customer service and what it is to work as CC for Emirates. When you guys complain about long hours etc, your complaints are 100% legitimate! However if you want to get into CC shoes.. on top of hours add a gigantic load of sh*t coming from every single direction, everyone is against you and all the rules and regulations seem to be written in a way to screw you over, like whatever happens you will always be held responsible, no matter what is the outcome. I don't know if the pilots work in this sort of environment, perhaps you guys do, but the CC is under constant pressure!

She was putting it back into the bottle as a normal practice. This is what CC do to gash it later. The company doesn't provide conditions to "safely" gash colored drinks. If you use the little sink in the galley, you can be reported (it seems to corrode AC's belly when the liquid is out of the AC) You have to toss it to the toilet that may be busy.. If it is, you can't wait because.. you will be reported for being slow in service. On top of that add the ever-complaining pax, the cabin seniors waiting for the opportunity to write on you, etc. So the CC is constantly "trapped". No matter what you do, the day will come when you are unlucky and get busted doing something wrong, because anything you do can somehow be turned against you.

The pilots get WAY more respect from the company than the crew does and unfortunately most of the cockpit guys simply can't imagine how it is to work in that cabin.. I am not saying this to start some discussion on equality or something, I am just telling it to those who start judging fellow colleagues without any idea of what those people go through.

PS: I'm not sure of those who seemed to criticize her are pilots to start with

Last edited by exekcabincrew; 26th Jul 2017 at 17:23.