PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizz open day Dubai
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2017, 04:43
The Outlaw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Seaman Staynes
Wizz recruiting in Dubai - sums up the general problems at EK and sadly should also serve as a warning to those who still want to join EK!

The fact that a low cost carrier with lower salaries etc is coming to Dubai to recruit pilots from EK (and fly Dubai I suppose) is something that used to be unheard of. Years ago it didn't happen, ever! The "if you don't like it leave" mentality of management has come back to bite them.

Wizz must think pilots will join them and this is a sad reflection on EK. The massive loss of moral at EK, the decreasing work conditions and more worryingly the lack of anything being done to stop the loss of experienced pilots continues to be astonishing.

Sad !

And I see lots of adverts for EK - "time to soar"(spend lots of time I'm air not on the ground!), "experience Dubai"(not there much always flying), "time to live" (away from home) etc etc you'll get the drift once you're here!
There have been a few carriers come to the UAE looking to fill their ranks. There is about 8000 pilots in the immediate area so the fishing is pretty good! When you add all the ways that these UAE company's are demotivating, angering, disciplining etc. their staff its really a no brainer! Its all down to one individual...welcome to 1500's mindset on dealing with staff. Its not even sad anymore, its like watching a train wreck in progress and it's already too late to fix it - the rot is now in the ranks and it spreads fast. There is no accountability, that can only be present in a person with a degree of ethics.

In the meantime, Jet2, Wizz, Norwegian, Korean, the Chinese, USA carriers etc. need pilots. They'll keep up the shoddy treatment and bad rosters anyway so it helps bring these carriers to town with better and better deals.