PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK / Seychelles near miss - 14 July '17
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2017, 02:01
fliion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So Glofish goes from making the assumption that a YouTube audio that we heard means they heard

Post 19:
"The easiest one was when HEARING the clearance for the opposing aircraft to climb to FL370. The next by the apparently not observing the oncoming and conflicting TCAS symbol."

They heard ? Really? As if he knows what they heard or saw.

"Simply these two omissions point to an irresponsible lack of SA. "

To now:

---
"Don
Good post, I agree, compared to others …..

Quote:
"No one is golden here
I agree, and I have never pretended that this would not happen to me or other Bruce’s!! But this should not prevent us to try to analyse the event objectively, for the sake of enhancing safety, even without a (most probably very, very late) final report."

---

Objectively! But apparently HE knows what they 'heard' because HE heard it on YouTube. So PC of him now from the opinionated bull shine he was spewing earlier.

And Jack shidt has gone from:

"I would say that it's poor listening "actively" skills and not properly processing/understanding/questioning what's being said is more likely the issue here."

To:

"I think I will need to buy him a beer before too long as I'm agreeing too often with Don's point of view(s)."

Don said:

"No one is golden here. But the incident would not have happened if a tried and tested procedure was not abandoned and if ATC had done his job to correct a wrongly readback clearance. The fact it was not corrected by ATC helped confirm to the EK Crew they were flying the correct clearance. Which we armchair legends know they were not."

---

Subtle boys - two course reversals advertised as straight in.

Last edited by fliion; 26th Jul 2017 at 02:12.