PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where/who do you recommend for Hour Building?
Old 4th Sep 2003, 20:35
VIRTUAL-REALITY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Spike001 mate!
Go to the states, I did my hour building in Las Vegas, and had the time of my life. I stayed for 2 months and did 100 hour's flying and I can honestly say I never needed to fly a route more than once, ( except of course to get out of the Las Vegas air space which are precribed routes).
You have The Hoover Damn, great from the air and on the ground, you have Area 51 to the North, but stay well clear of the place, you have Death Valley to play Top Gun, Bryce Canyon an airfield 9000 feet above sea level, Los Angeles, San Diego, San Fran but these you need at least an Arrow or Mooney due to the distance, and of not forgetting the Grand Canyon, ( hint turn your transponder off if you want to fly through it, or else you are up at 10,000 to comply with the rules )
I stayed just opposite the airport (North Las Vegas) in self catering accomadation, called Budget Suites, clean and tidy nothing special and you get to meet loads of interesting people! I paid in total about 8,000gbp, for flights, accomadation $600per month, and of course the flying, I was using a combination of a PA28Rt and the Mooney which made it a little more expensive than it needed to be.
Go and have fun!!