PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON -8
Thread: LUTON -8
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2017, 17:30
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The new departure lounge will end up with 4 retail zones, Luxury, Affordable Luxury, High Street and Food and Beverage. According to the airport and I quote “this reflects the Airport’s proportion of high end leisure and business travellers; of the current passenger demographics, 79% are ABC1.”

I had to look up what an ABC1 passenger was
MARKETING in the UK, a consumer from one of the three higher social and economic groups, which consist of people who have more education and better-paid jobs than those in other groups:
Well I only have to stand in the drop off zone to see that isn’t true. Either that or Eastern Europe is much richer than I thought and all the stag and hen parties passing through Luton are really City Traders.

The airport should drop the luxury retail outlets as I don't expect there will be much demand for £1200 Burberry coats and put in more food outlets and general seating as that is where the demand is.

The redevelopment will clearly increase capacity but not necessarily at the first attempt. Later on in the year and early next year Luton will start to dig up its brand new infrastructure to build its station and tunnels. Can’t help but think that the station and tunnels should have come first but that is not the Luton way.